Zorena

Book Trauma

Book Review Triage

Pale Fire
Vladimir Nabokov
Sodom and Gomorrah (In Search of Lost Time, #4)
Marcel Proust, C.K. Scott Moncrieff, Terence Kilmartin, D.J. Enright
Chronicle of the 20th Century: The Ultimate Record of Our Times
Clifton Daniel, John W. Kirshon
Interesting Times - Terry Pratchett I had wondered when we'd see Rincewind and The Luggage again. While I find Rincewind a bit bland I can't say the same for his Luggage. Unfortunately we see little of our many legged sapient pear wood friend after he's done baiting sharks. It is kind of worth it though, when The Luggage makes an appearance close to the end that's full of surprises. We do get to see a few other old friends and a host of new ones. The host being Cohen and his ancestor aged barbarians. Whut??? Can you tell I developed a soft spot for Hamish? I do recommend reading at least the first Discworld book “The Color of Magic” and “The Light Fantastic” if you want an introduction to the main characters but it's not a must. There are some references to past events and adventures but they aren't needed to understand what's going on in this book.As for what's going on all I can say is a lot . Pratchett does his wonderful blend of fact and fiction using some of our real world history to enhance Discworld's. I really don't want to spoil this so I'll just say “May you live in interesting times” really is a wonderful curse in this story and most apropos.