Zorena

Book Trauma

Book Review Triage

Pale Fire
Vladimir Nabokov
Sodom and Gomorrah (In Search of Lost Time, #4)
Marcel Proust, C.K. Scott Moncrieff, Terence Kilmartin, D.J. Enright
Chronicle of the 20th Century: The Ultimate Record of Our Times
Clifton Daniel, John W. Kirshon

The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla

Wolves of the Calla - Bernie Wrightson, Stephen King Like the rest of the books in this series it seems you either love or hate them. I almost love this one. It is my favorite so far.It was a pleasure to read as it gave me what I want from a good book. To be immersed and to care about the people that populate it. I liked or at least understood the motives for everyone except one and I'll get to that later.King finally makes an effort to bring some things together instead introducing more tangents and ramblings. The tale is the most coherent, to me at least. It does take a bit of a turn with the troubles of Calla and how that's dealt with but within that part of the story we find a lot more answers.Who can't love the picture drawn in words of Roland dancing. I honestly think it's one of my favorite parts. It is so out of character yet believable. As for the character I didn't like. It was Father Callahan. I didn't like the arrogant priest in Salem's Lot so I wasn't happy to see him here. I see he still clings to and is now feeding his narrow minded Catholic beliefs to a new set of victims. While I did like that book I can honestly say he was one of my least favorite characters and deserved what he got. Now he gets a second chance and we get to be exposed to his views on abortion. I love the comment from Roland "Your man Jesus seems to be a son of a bitch when it comes to women." I couldn't agree more. I think this is the main reason I couldn't fully love this book. I'm also not enamored of the idea of pulling characters in out of King's other books.