Zorena

Book Trauma

Book Review Triage

Pale Fire
Vladimir Nabokov
Sodom and Gomorrah (In Search of Lost Time, #4)
Marcel Proust, C.K. Scott Moncrieff, Terence Kilmartin, D.J. Enright
Chronicle of the 20th Century: The Ultimate Record of Our Times
Clifton Daniel, John W. Kirshon

The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles Series #1)

The Name of the Wind  - Patrick Rothfuss People who rave about how wonderful The Game of Thrones and The Wheel of Time are really need to read this book and see how a fantasy should be written. Sometimes gritty and sometimes whimsical this book doesn't disappoint and is a cut above most of the current fantasy volumes . The writing is solid and the characters well thought out. The hero is not stereotypical and even though he seems to excel at everything, he finds more than enough bumps along the way to keep him humble. The world building is wonderful and at times Rothfuss reminds me of Frank Herbert's Dune. His lore and mythology are so detailed and well enmeshed into his story.I'm really looking forward to the next book but I have one fervent hope. That this will not become some gigantic multiple volume mess like Jordan's or that it devolves into just a cliffhanger for the next book in the series. This one managed to not seem like that was it's aim but that we needed a start for a very epic saga.