Zorena

Book Trauma

Book Review Triage

Pale Fire
Vladimir Nabokov
Sodom and Gomorrah (In Search of Lost Time, #4)
Marcel Proust, C.K. Scott Moncrieff, Terence Kilmartin, D.J. Enright
Chronicle of the 20th Century: The Ultimate Record of Our Times
Clifton Daniel, John W. Kirshon

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - Max Brooks First off, this is not a funny book. It is not intentionally funny at least. This is a sometimes gruesome telling of the zombie apocalypse but mostly it is supposed to be a personal one. That's the part I really loved. Each segment of the story is told by a different survivor so you get different perspectives on what really occurred. This also leads to what I didn't like.I found that some of these perspectives were too close with little variation. Instead of learning more about inner struggles I learned more about war and the military. I do realize that it's called “World War Z” but I could have done with less of some of the strategy. With so many different narrators you would think that we could see a little more of what happened to the humans and how they felt. Also I found a few tales that were unintentionally humorous. I also think my problem is that I am getting as tired of zombie stories as I became with vampires. I call it over saturation. That's enough to rate this 3 stars but I'm leaning to 3.5